Seven participants in Friday night’s Lompoc Children’s Christmas Season Parade were selected as winners of eight categories that ranged from best marching band to best use of lights.
The winners were chosen by a panel of judges and each winning entrant received a trophy.
Those picked as tops in their respective category included:
- Marching Band: Vandenberg Middle School Marching Band
- Non-Commercial Dance/Cheer: Lompoc Youth Football Cheer
- Commercial Dance/Cheer: Garcia Dance Studio
- Youth Group (Nonprofit): Lompoc Boy Scouts Pack 64
- Non-Youth Group (Nonprofit): American Legion Post 211 Riders
- Faith-Based: Calvary Chapel of Lompoc
- Commercial: Toyota of Lompoc
- Best Use of Lights: Calvary Chapel of Lompoc
The parade, themed “Winter Wonderland,” was put on by the Lompoc Recreation Division.
“The Lompoc Recreation Division congratulates all of the winners, and thanks the community for their role in putting on another successful Lompoc Children’s Christmas Season Parade,” read a statement released Monday by the city.