Lompoc's historic Artesia Schoolhouse will open its doors from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday Sept. 25, for locals to visit and learn about the town's history. There is no charge, but a $1 donation is appreciated.

The schoolhouse was built in 1876 and was the first county school in use in the Lompoc Valley until its closure in 1961.

On view are old school desks, ink wells, old books and even a dollhouse made to look like Artesia with students at their desks.

The school museum is located at 115 W. Chestnut Ave., and will be open on the fourth Saturday of each month.

For more information, call 805-736-9442.

Lisa André covers lifestyle and local news for Santa Ynez Valley News and Lompoc Record, both products of the Santa Maria Times.

1
0
0
0
0