1/22/2021- PHD is reporting eleven deaths today. Eight individuals were 70+ and three were 50-69 years of age. Eight individuals had underlying health conditions and seven deaths were associated with an outbreak at a congregate care facility.
The individuals resided in the following areas of the County:
1- North County Unincorporated
1- City of Santa Maria.
2- City of Goleta.
5- City of Santa Barbara /Unincorporated area of Mission Canyon
2- Community of Orcutt
Deaths are reported when a death certificate is processed listing COVID-19 as a cause or a significant condition. The process can take several days and up to 2 months to finalize if pending Coroner verification.
- Additional daily cases: 238
- Hospitalizations: 187 (50 ICU)
- Total cases among Santa Barbara County residents: 24,908
- Recovered: 22,476
- Deaths: 254
- Total cases among Santa Maria residents: 9,014
- Recovered: 8,370
- Total cases among Orcutt residents: 1,386
- Recovered: 1,299
- Total cases among Santa Ynez Valley residents: 758
- Recovered: 655
- Total cases among Lompoc residents: 2,678
- Recovered: 2,434
- Total tests performed in county: 390,735
Source: Santa Barbara County Public Health Department, January 22, 2020.
Figures for total cases, recovered and deaths in the county do not include those of the Federal Penitentiary in Lompoc.
In this Series
- 12 updates
Concerned about COVID-19?
Sign up now to get the most recent coronavirus headlines and other important local and national news sent to your email inbox daily.