05/17/21- There are no deaths to report today
Deaths are reported when a death certificate is processed listing COVID-19 as a cause or a significant condition. The process can take several days and up to 2 months to finalize if pending Coroner verification.
- Additional daily cases:7
- Hospitalizations: 15 (4 ICU)
- Total cases among Santa Barbara County residents: 33,304
- Recovered: 32,791
- Deaths: 446
- Total cases among Santa Maria residents: 11,560 (+2)
- Recovered: 11,390
- Total cases among Orcutt residents: 1,840
- Recovered: 1,803
- Total cases among Santa Ynez Valley residents: 1,043
- Recovered: 1,021
- Total cases among Lompoc residents: 3,822 (+2)
- Recovered: 3,747
- Total tests performed in county: 634,117
Source: Santa Barbara County Public Health Department, May 17, 2021.
Figures for total cases, recovered and deaths in the county do not include those of the Federal Penitentiary in Lompoc.