09/21/2021 - There are no deaths to report today
Deaths are reported when a death certificate is processed listing COVID-19 as a cause or a significant condition. The process can take several days and up to 2 months to finalize if pending Coroner verification.
- Additional daily cases: 89
- Hospitalizations: 49 (14 ICU)
- Total cases among Santa Barbara County residents: 40,396
- Recovered: 39,401
- Active Cases in County: 502 (+29)
- Deaths: 493
- Total cases among Santa Maria residents: 13,681 (+21)
- Recovered: 13,343
- Total cases among Orcutt residents: 2,499 (+7)
- Recovered: 2,417
- Total cases among Santa Ynez Valley residents: 1,378 (+1)
- Recovered: 1,351
- Total cases among Lompoc residents: 4,924 (+17)
- Recovered: 4,772
- Total tests performed in county: 818,570
Source: Santa Barbara County Public Health Department, Sep 21, 2021.
Figures for total cases, recovered and deaths in the county do not include those of the Federal Penitentiary in Lompoc.